dinsdag 6 augustus 2013

CAIRNS: ‘PALM COVE’


Hello my dear readers,

On Friday the second of August we arrived at Cairns, after a 2-hour flight.
It was something like 9 p.m. when we drove through the beautiful part of Cairns called Palm Cove, for the first time.

The hotel we had booked was on the beach, a real paradise, a completely different world from the outback in which we spent the previous nights. We have been staying here for 5 nights. It was really great to relax on the beach or at the pool after the busy days in Sydney and Alice Springs. I totally love it here...!

When you enter Palm Cove in Google, you will see lots and lots of pictures of the picturesque and tropical beach of Palm Cove. 
We have also made some pictures ourselves, which you can see here.











On the 3rd of August we boarded a large catamaran for a day trip to part of the Great Barrier Reef, the largest coral reef in the world. It was really amazing. Beautiful colored sea, pure white little islands. We went snorkelling and saw fantastic corals and beautiful fishes. We even saw a baby turtle. I have used my new underwater camera for the first time and have made a short film that I will post later!


The next 2 days we spent relaxing at the beach and the pool, just fantastic. Tomorrow we will pick up our rental car and will move further down the coast.

I will not be able to post anything in the next few days, because I will mostly spend them in the car..
But when I have wifi I will immediately tell what I have done!

Love,
Isabelle

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten